Is it possible? By debug I mean setting breakpoints, inspect values and advance step by step.
How to debug Web2py applications?
You can also use Visual Studio 2010. Here's how:
- Download and install Python Tools for Visual Studio.
- Create a new project from existing code (File > New > Project From Existing Code...)
- Specify your web2py folder and use the defaults.
- Right-click on web2py.py and choose Set as Startup File.
- Set breakpoints and hit F5 (run) or right-click on web2py.py and choose Start with Debugging.
This is a nice setup if you already use visual studio.
As Carl stated, it is as easy as:
- Installing PyDev in Eclipse
- Right Click on your Web2Py project, selecting Debug As > Python Run
- Selecting web2py.py as the file to run
No other plugins or downloads are needed.
I'm debugging web2py applications with Eclipse and PyDev. Here is an article: http://www.web2pyslices.com/main/slices/take_slice/2