How would I go about uploading files to S3 from a Google Web Toolkit page? Ideally, it would all be done asynchronously, allowing me to display a progress bar.
Amazon S3 Uploads From GWT App
By : Matthew H
I can't help you with the GWT specifics, but as for the S3 side, you should:
- download the Java Developer kit from the Amazon S3 site,
- write the Java code to store files there from your server-side application (making sure you can test that code separately)
- Make your client GWT code upload the files to your server and provide progress for upload
- Make your server call your S3 interface with the uploaded file (progress here might not be unless you do call the AMAZON put as a REST call where you can count the bytes your are sending)
- provide confirmation of successful store back to your user (or error)
Hope that helps.
By : jowierun
This video can help you solving your question :)