We have recently upgraded from on-premises TFS2013 to 2015 Update1, and we have set up a VSO Build Agent.
I am now trying to set up a test (continuous integration) vNext build for a solution in our Git repository, but the builds are not running and not producing any logs.
The build properties have been set up to indicate the correct Git repo, and the following three have been added to Variables: VSO_GIT_USERNAME, VSO_GIT_PASSWORD, DNXPath. MSBuild is the only step added to the build at the present.
Pushed commits result in builds being triggered as expected, but when a build is triggered, it just hangs "Waiting for console output from an agent":
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the agent:
- it is shown as running (checked in services.msc)
- it has no SSL dependencies
- port 9191 has been added to Inbound rules in TFS server firewall
- the agent is running with "Project Collection Build Service" privileges
- the agent appears green in Web access:
When I cancel the build and download log files, the zip file is empty.
The same happens when I queue a build manually (against a specific commit #): no build runs and no log files.
What should I do/check to either make my build progress or make it produce log files?
Can anybody suggest a way forward?