So here is the desired behavior I'm trying to get:
- User goes to a password change web page.
- User fills out form and the form PUTs to our REST server.
- After a successfully PUT, the user is redirected to the "My Account" page with a message saying, "Password successfully changed".
- If they refresh their "My Account" page, the password message should go away. (I.e. it is a one time message.)
Here are solutions I've tried (unsuccessfully):
2) Using a traditional form. However, this won't do a PUT ( method does not support put, on post and get). I could do a POST, but that is "wrong" from a REST perspective, because I'm updating the user account record, not creating a new record. The redirect and one-time message could all be handled server side with this solution (RESTlets, Servlets and/or JSP).
Is there are good solution out there? Or must I change my PUT to a POST?